Sign in to follow this  
fed87

iptv provider
General guidelines to selecting an IPTV provider

7 posts in this topic

START HERE: How to select an IPTV Provider Primer: Best practices and general guidelines to selecting an IPTV provider that works best for you 

If you expect and want channels with 100% uptimes then IPTV is not for you. You are better off with Sling TV or PS Vue or something similar or sticking with your current cable or satellite service.

We are seeing many of the same kinds of posts show up here time and time again. For example: Find me one with US channels, find me one that has the sports I am looking for, or find me a specific channel in a specific language. Below is an attempt to consolidate the normal responses given to people who requests for assistance.

First and foremost, DO NOT BELIEVE ANYONE HERE. If you post a request for IPTV provider recommendations, you will surely get re sellers and providers pimping their warez. There are many providers and resellers shilling their product here. I do not have to name specific usernames but if you been here long enough you will see certain providers propped up here time and time again.

If you post a request for an IPTV providers, you will surely get re sellers and providers pimping their warez (repeating this again for emphasis)

My best advice is to do your own research. Start by Google research the provider you are interested in, then join the provider forums and a READ as much as you can.

IPTV has many variables affecting the stability of the channels

Source channels providers (content generators) <--- Your provider is only as good as the content generators. Not much you as a customer can do here.
IPTV provider this is who you are looking for
ISP <--- they might throttle you which might require a VPN. They might block the IPTV provider all together using something like. Sky Shield or BT websafe. You want to disable these blockers. I see people saying they have a gigabit link but still buffering.. Sorry it's most likely you. You have a gigabit link to the next hop and thats about it. A provider that buffers usually does not last long. Customers will leave in droves.... so chances are it is probably your issue.
Customer Network <---- Your home network might not be up to par. Do you have wifi/wired? Do you live in a apartment building with a lot of WIFI competition? Get a wired link.
Customer device <--- is your device underpowered? An old enigma or a cheap android box might not cut it for HD or FHD.
Customer application<--- is it updated or have known bugs? VLC is the best test application on a wired computer.
This means what works for someone may not work for you. A certain provider may work great for one person (most likely a shill) but it may not work well for you.

… which leads us to TRIALS

TRIALS TRIALS TRIALS

Do as many as you can.

Keep in mind, the larger and probably more established provider will not offer free trials since they do not have inventive to. Out of a hundred trials they get maybe 1 reals sub. So out of that free 100 trials is countless request for help and configuration help that yields to wasted effort. A nominal cost ($2 USD to $5 USD) for trial for the bigger more established providers is normal.

Resellers and newer providers do offer free trials but usually on the weekday since they are trying to establish their base.

WEEKEND TRIALS are usually never free due to the large amount of sporting events on.

As some many have mentioned, instead of doing trials, buy a month at one provider then go to another provider.and cycle through them .. after about 4 months or so you will be an expert.

What do I look for?

CHANNELS Definitely do not go with providers who got 5000 channels. Let me give you a hint, you will not watch all 5000 channels. You will not watch Disney JR in Greek. No provider will give you high uptimes on all channels if they have to maintain 5000 channels. Go for a provider more targeted for your needs and language (500-2000 channels) is optimal.

VOD

Do they offer VOD/ondemand as an additional service? Is the selection deep? Is the shows in your language? Can you request new VODs be added?

SD OPTIONS Wooo hoo my provider has all FHD channels! and you will buffer all day everyday until your subscription expires. Keep in mind if you watch on your mobile you want a provider with some SD options. If you have data transfer caps you will want SD channels. FHD/HD left on is a crap load of traffic. Ideally ones that have HD and SD options for your favorite channels.

SUPPORT How responsive is your provider? Do they respond quickly? Do they treat you fairly? Are they reasonable? Do they provide channel or VOD requests? Do they fulfill these requests? Do they help you configure your device and offers post purchase support help?

COMMUNITY Do they have a community of other users that can help each other with support and tips and tricks or does your IPTV provider leave you isolated on an island. I see people come here to ask question they should be asking their provider directly.

PRIVACY Are they protecting your privacy? Do they need your personal information Facebook Support group? AVOID if possible. Facebook requires you to request help with you real information. Do you want your Aunt Sally asking why you are posting to "HellonEarthHOSTINGSolutions"? Facebook tracks all your post to request help on IPTV. IMHO, it is plain lazy on the providers part to only have Facebook.

Can you pay with a prepaid card? How about crypto currency?

ISP BLOCKED AND TARGETED PROVIDERS Does the service require VPN during EPL matches? Are providers actively throttling the provider? If a provider has been on the news (of any kind) do you really want to sign up with them?

great write up @fed87
people need to follow these guidelines as you speak the truth.
I sell a sub and we are not the biggest but our channels are limited to us/can/uk and support is unparrelled. looping problems get fixed within minutes, servers are our own.
it is much better to have a sub with fewer channels that are up 95% of the time than 5000 that is aften a crapshoot on which channel will be up that day.
I will not give a trial, as you state there are people that hop from one sub to another and live off trials.
for 10 a month why not give it a good try

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the read.....

On a side note----does anyone use a VPN for safety while using IPTV? I used to dabble in satellite "circumvention" (LMAO) when you could flash a box and be done with it I was never one to run IKS which is a constant connection much like IPTV. What are the odds they would go after an end user? Does anyone have any info on that? I know DN and DTV used to sue end users for 10's of thousands of dollars. Is a VPN that important? Thoughts?

Kodi Solutions -- Is it your solution?
I tried Kodi Solutions for a month and it is a decent budget alternative. I tried a account with 3 connections and i cracked on my formuler z7+.

Channels...they have a lot! Did I try them all? No. I mostly watched US and sports. I would say that they worked fairly well. For some channels, they have multiple listings, but seemed to be the same feed. Picture quality was pretty good too. Most US channels were HD and the Sports channels mostly HD, but they worked. Sometimes sports channels, like the YES Network, would be playing TV Land, but seemed to be correct during games. Channels would occasionally go down, but we fixed within a reasonable time frame. I watch the Weather Channel every morning and it probably buffered about 50% of the mornings. A few channels were out of sync, but easily fixed by adjusting the audio delay...ESPN was always like that. I tested a UFC, Boxing, and Summer slam PPVs and they seemed to work well. I was testing another service, so I was usually flipping...especially during Summer slam, not much of a UFC or Boxing guy. What I did watch was smooth. NFL Preseason was a fail, they only showed games on NFL network and locals they had, but it is preseason so it doesn't really count. They advertise full season NFL though, but only time will tell. Overall, most of the channels worked well and downtime was very minimal.

Where they fail big time and it probably reflects in my review is with customer service. I didn't use the ticket system, but they have a Telegram support system. Most of the time, they don't answer/respond or belittle people. The German section is/was down and their response was 'k'. The next day the same person asked and was told 'no one watches them.' If that's the case, why post them anyway? I don't use EPG, but a few people have been complain on Telegram with little to no responses. A lot of people on the Telegram would complain about the lack of support. If they are going to offer Telegram support, they should service it or just offer the ticket system.

The stability was decent and the price is a good value. The major channels/events seemed to be supported and running most of the time. If you watch football (soccer), they worked fairly good. They have the channels and a 3PM Football Section, but I didn't try them enough to give a review. 

Some say this is the sister/reseller site of EternalTV, but Eternal to me a way better in quality wise.

Area 51 IPTV, 

I'm probably not going to give the most in depth IPTV review ever.  I'm a huge sports/motorsports fan, so seeing their lineup have all the major sporting outlets, including PPV, MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, and NFL games I was definitely intrigued.  I tried a account with 5 connections and i cracked on my formuler z7+. downloaded their apk from the play store. I opened the app and put in the login information. Clicking on a couple random channels, they were in HD, quality was pretty average. Maybe a little bit better than what you would expect . A channel I really wanted was MAVTV, as I said I'm a motorsports fan. This channel was not in HD, but for the price didn't bug me all that bad considering I had no other way to get it. So far so good.

On Area 51's site they allow you to download an M3U playlist of your channels so you can use an IPTV player or just VLC on a computer. I can't tell you how much that comes in handy.

I haven't really gone to any of the foreign channels as I'm primarily concerned with the US based networks, however, curiosity had me clicking and every channel I clicked on worked from Canada, uk, and some Spanish channels.

Overall I'd say the experience for me has been quite good 7.5/10 . If you're looking for something cheap, and pretty good in the quality department, I'd check em out.

vlcsnap-2018-04-20-21h08m32s060.png

Multiple Connection Provider List
...Thought it would be a good idea to have a list of all providers that allow multiple connections as well as if those connections are limited to your home network or not.

If you know of more, please post and i'll add them.

Will list by (1) Name / (2) Number of Connections / (3) Price (approximate) / (4) Geo Locked (IP Restriction Yes - same ip / No - multiple ip) / (5) MAG Box/STB APP Connection Reduction (Yes/No - number of MAG/STB connections allowed / number of m3u connections allowed)

...Please correct any errors i've made. Thanks!!

** "Requires purchase of additional connections from base price"

...Reminder: The information listed is based on m3u use. Accessing through a MAG device or STB App (requires MAC address) "MAY" decrease the amount of connections to just (1)

Eternal (3) $8 US, (5) $10 US (no) (no - 1/2,4)

Vaders (5) $15 US (no) (no - 1/4)

Twisted TV (use promo code "REDDIT") - (5) $10 US (no) (yes - 1/0)

Kodisolutions (3) $8 US, (5) $10 US (no) (no - 1/2,4)

Apollogroup.tv (5) $12 EUR / $14 US (yes) (no MAG connection restrictions)

Area 51 (2) $5 US (no) (no - 1/1)

TNT Hosting (2) $8.50 US, (3) $12 US (no) (no - 1/1,2)**

Velocitystreams (2) $10 US, (3) $15 US (no) (no MAG connection restrictions)**

World IPTV (2) $10 US (no) (yes - 1/0)

Players Klub (2) $9 US, (3) $13 US (no) (? - ?/?)**

Nipsat (2) $10 US (yes) (yes - 1/0)

TV Service Club:

...Premium Server (2) $10 US (no) (yes - 1/0)

...STV Server (3) $7 US (yes) (yes - 1/0)

...Backup Server (must have existing sub to purchase) - (3) $4 US (yes) (yes - 1/0)

Crystal Clear (2) $10/$15 US (no) (no - 1/1)