Welcome to NTG

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

NeThinGoez.com - The Best XXX Pass Topsite
Sign in to follow this  
redgar

Nvidia or AMD

Im looking to upgrade from my GTX 770 MSI lightning 2GB, i have around £300-£400 to spend, in terms of performance for money what company/card should i be thinking of getting?

Depends on whether you want to support The Man or the underdog. For that price range you should consider something like a 390x. There really isn't anything worth going for from nVidia in that price range.

hmmm, i dont particulary want to support nvidia, i want to support amd, but with the current state of my amd cpu ive had a bad, bad run with AMD. ill weigh up the pros and cons and see what mantle is all about

Nvidia has really dropped the ball with their drivers over the last year. Now they mostly make tweaks for every major game release while not addressing issues that people bring up. Last version I went with allowed me to eject my video card from the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media menu.

Unfortunately AMD has fallen behind over the last few years. I really hate the thought of Nvidia dominating like Intel is with processors.

It really depends on what you need the card for. If it's games, Nvidia does have the edge, with AMD not THAT far behind. For video work, though, it's Nvidia all the way. CUDA. CUDA. CUDA.