Sign in to follow this  
Tedurtle

Photoshop

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I recently got photoshop and play around with it. I make banners and basically advertisements. i follow a few youtube channels for tutorials. 

What is best way to learn the core about photoshop? Is there any book u recomend or any specific channel?

Thanks in advance people!

Hi Tedurtle!

I have been using Photoshop for a good 8 years now even though I'm not good at it.
The best way to learn about the core of photoshop? I guess there's only one way: Practice.
1. Efficiency is key: Learn how to use hotkeys and shortcut buttons for your frequently used tools. i.e. W for magic wand, ctrl+J for duplicating layers, etc. With that at the back of your hand, you save plenty of time doing designs
2. Don't be afraid to try new tools you have never seen before. Some of them will be particularly useful and you will encounter them again in other Adobe products i.e. illustrator
3. Seek online for inspiration! Websites like DeviantArt are really good
4. Practice and practice!! (you might want to get a drawing tablet if you do a lot of strokes)

Other tips:
- Learn how to use layers and vector masks efficiently - so you don't have to worry about making mistakes and can easily revert using a brush or eraser, instead of spamming the undo functions
- Use groups for housekeeping purposes - so its easier to work
- Make your own patterns / textures so you can reuse them again in other designs!
- Download some free brushes from deviantart :)

Well hope you have others to share with you their tips!