Sign in to follow this  
miacheledwards

The iPhone 7 and Headphone Jacks

3 posts in this topic

Despite it being a terrible idea, I've seen more people settling with the lack of headphone jacks and getting adapters for the iPhones. I think Apple's gonna get away with it. 

I don't actually like that idea but I gotta give credit to where it's due. Apple's probably gonna change technology whether it be good or bad change.

I still have my iPhone 6 Plus,  I use the headphones semi regularly, not enough where I won't buy a iPhone 7 when I am due for a upgrade but I still disagree with getting rid of the headphone jack.  It will hit me once I fly and the headphones they sell you on the flight won't work...

Apple's original intention with getting rid of the headphone jacks was to have people move to wireless options. Unfortunately, wired earphones still trump wireless ones, and getting rid of the headphone jack has become more of an inconvenience rather than something "ground-breaking," especially since the headphone jack has uses outside of simply connecting to wired earphones. 

Apple will get away with it because they have the money to do so, but I can see it coming back if their competition gets significantly better in some way.